Candidates who are requesting any of the following alternative testing arrangements may use the
Institution's Verification of Documentation as an alternative to providing documentation directly to Evaluation Systems for review.
- 50% extra time (time and one half)
- Sign language interpreter (for oral directions in a computer-based test center only)
- Oral interpreter (for oral directions)
- Braille test format (for computer-based delivery in a test center only)
For all other alternative testing arrangements requests, supporting documentation must be submitted directly to Evaluation Systems for review.
Verification requirements. In order to be accepted for review:
- The Institution's Verification of Documentation must be printed on official institution letterhead.
- The Institution's Verification of Documentation must be completed in its entirety and signed by an authorized professional from the Office of Disability Services at the candidate's college or university.
- The institution's representative must be able to verify that the candidate has received the requested alternative testing arrangement(s) at the institution and that the institution has on file the candidate's documentation supporting the requested alternative testing arrangement, a copy of which must be supplied to Evaluation Systems upon request.
- The institution's representative must be able to provide specific information contained in the documentation and certify that the documentation meets MTEL program requirements, including certifying that the documentation is complete and current according to program requirements (see "Required Documentation" and Documentation Currency Policy ).