The following MTEL tests are offered only on computer, beginning September 4, 2012:
- Communication and Literacy Skills (01): reading subtest
- Communication and Literacy Skills (01): writing subtest
- Early Childhood (02)
- English (07)
- Foundations of Reading (90)
- General Curriculum (03): mathematics subtest
- General Curriculum (03): multi-subject subtest
- History (06)
Computer-based testing (CBT) is available at Pearson Professional Centers throughout the United States, its territories, and Canada, including several in Massachusetts. Refer to "Test Dates" and "Test Centers" for more information about when and where you may test.
Registration. Registration for CBT is available only on the Internet by selecting "Register Now" on the MTEL web site. For more information, see "Internet Registration." The following guidelines apply to CBT registration:
- There is an additional CBT fee of $25 for each CBT test appointment. This fee is in addition to the $30 registration processing fee and the regular test fee(s). (See "Test Fees and Payment Policies" for complete information.)
- You may register to take one or both Communication and Literacy Skills or General Curriculum subtests per test session. All subtests you select in one registration will be administered in one four-hour test session. You may not combine subtests from different fields (e.g., the Communication and Literacy Skills: reading subtest and the General Curriculum: mathematics subtest) in a single test session.
- Once you have registered, you may not change your test selection for that one test session unless you withdraw your registration and register again. (See "Test Selection" for more information about test sessions and registration.)
- You should plan to register as early as possible before your desired test date.
- You must wait 60 days after taking a computer-based test/subtest before retaking the same test/subtest.
Test session. The test session length is four hours. In addition, 15 minutes is provided to complete a nondisclosure agreement and tutorial that provides information about how to take a computer-based test. Refer to "CBT Tutorials" to view sample screens from this tutorial and a video and photo tour of a computer-based test center. See "Reporting to the Test Center," "What to Bring to the Test Center," and "Test Center Rules" for details about the day of the test, including information about identification and security policies.
Score reporting. Test results for all computer-based tests except English (07) and History (06) are reported within five weeks of the date on which you took the test. Test results for the English (07) and History (06) tests are reported six times per year. Refer to "Score Reporting" on the MTEL web site for a schedule of score report dates. See "Release of Your Test Results" for additional information on score reporting.