MTEL Faculty Guide
The MTEL Faculty Guide is designed to assist educator preparation program faculty and others in:
- understanding test content,
- helping candidates prepare to take the tests, and
- interpreting candidate test results.
You may also wish to read the "MTEL Faculty Guide: Questions and Answers" to assist you in answering candidate questions about the MTEL tests. Additional information is available at the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education's website at www.doe.mass.edu/mtel.
Worksheets and Handouts (Appendix A)
- Candidate Profile Worksheet: Instructions | Worksheet
- Objective-to-Course Matching Chart: Instructions | Worksheet
- Study Outline Chart: Instructions | Worksheet
- Developing a Study Plan: Download
- Tesk-Taking Strategies: Download
Assessment Information for Faculty
- Scoring Rubrics for Open-Response Items (Appendix B) Provides the set of scoring rubrics applied to the scoring process for open-response items, including the performance characteristics and scoring scales.
- Sample Open-Response Items and Responses (Appendix C) Provides sample open-response items with corresponding sample responses at each score point level for the Communication and Literacy Skills and General Curriculum tests. This material also includes an analysis of each response to explain whether scoring criteria were met.